- Pre-readers participate by having books read to them.
- Readers in Pre-K through 4thgrade.
Sign Up: Begins June 4. Sign up for reading program and Kick-off Event.
Kick-Off: Friday, June 22 at 1:00pm or 2:30 pm, your choice, to see "The National Circus Project" (see below).
Reporting: June 25 through August 3
HOW? (Choose one)
- In person: at the Main Library in Pleasantville or the Branch Library in Valhalla.
- By phone: (914) 769-0548 x3 (Main Library) or (914) 741-0276 (Branch Library).
- Online: Register here starting June 4th
Kick-Off Program (June 22) Main Library: "The National Circus Project"
There will be two shows and sign up is required:
Click here to register for the 1:00pm show
Click here to register for the 2:30pm show.
READ AND WIN!
- Drawstring Backpack – Get a backpack when you sign up (while supplies last).
- Timed Reading Record – Each child will be given a reading record with stickers. Time spent reading should be recorded by adding a mini sticker for each 30 minute increment.
- Collect Trading Cards – Get a Pete the Cat trading card each time you visit the library.
- Prizes – T-shirts, toys, books, and more will be raffled off weekly. Get a raffle ticket each time you visit the library and have added a new sticker(s) to your reading record for reading 30 minutes or more.
- Grand Prize Raffle – You may win a Kindle Fire kid’s edition! The more you read the more chances you’ll have to win.
Other exciting events this summer include:
- Lego Building Workshop (Wed. July 11)
- "Dinosaurs Rock" dig for real fossils (Wed. July 25)
- Maritime Aquarium: "Meet the Animals" (Meet the Animals" (Wed. July 18)
- Tom Sieling family concert "Take a Tromp through the Swamp." (Thurs. August 2)
- Puppets to Go (Thurs. August 9)